Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe via Not Without Salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 8-12 strips bacon, thick cut, fried crispy
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the heavy cream.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Stir to combine. Set on medium high heat. Stir occasionally and cook until 240 degrees (F).
- The candy is now at firm-ball stage. Remove from the stove and carefully stir in the remaining 1/2 cup cream. Place back on the heat and continue to cook to 245 degrees (F).
- Remove from heat and stir in a portion of the crispy bacon.
- Pour the caramel into a buttered dish (the size depends on how thick you want your caramels. 8×8 = thick caramels 9×13 = thin caramels. You can also use a cookie sheet).
- Scatter the remaining bacon on top.
- Let set for at least 3 hours before cutting.