Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
Recipe via Major League Grilling
- 1lb bacon, thin cut
- pork tenderloin (or meat of choice)
- First, lay down 7 strips of bacon vertically, side by side.
- Second, fold every other bacon strip in half (it does not matter where you begin).
- Third, take the 8th strip of bacon and lay it across the middle, horizontally over the vertical strips of bacon and just below the bacon folded in half. Make sure the horizontal bacon is real close to the folded strips of bacon.
- Fourth, unfold the bacon so all vertical strips are in their side by side position.
- Fifth, fold the opposite strips of bacon up over the horizontal strip of bacon.
- Sixth, place another horizontal strip of bacon and repeat the process until complete.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the bowl, taking care to remove or thoroughly break up any lumps. Stir to combine.
- Smoke the bacon and meat until it is cooked through completely. At this point, the bacon is still chewy…after smoking it, cook the bacon over high heat to crisp it up.