Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe via Creative Culinary
- 1 package of regular bacon – hickory, maple, etc.
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- Dash or two (or three!) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Package Pretzel Rods
- Break the pretzels in half for appetizer bites. If you halve the pretzel, halve the bacon slices too.
- Mix the brown sugar, chili powder & cayenne together and spread out on a large flat dish.
- Coat each strip of bacon on both sides with the brown sugar mixture.
- Wrap the bacon around the pretzel.
- Place the delicious treat on a wire rack placed on top of a baking sheet or roasting pan; I try to make sure that the tail end of the bacon I just wrapped is on the bottom to try and avoid having it ‘unwrap’ during cooking.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until bacon cooks and appears crisp.
IMPORTANT: Let cool on wire rack and rearrange occasionally while cooling so they don’t stick to rack. Do not put these on paper towels; they are sticky!