Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
Recipe via Epicurious
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1lb bacon, thick cut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Arrange bacon slices in l layer on a large broiler pan and bake in middle of oven (or upper third of oven if baking with eggs) 20 minutes. Turn slices over and sprinkle evenly with spiced sugar. Continue baking until bacon is crisp and brown, 15 to 20 minutes more, then transfer to paper towels to drain.